- Contact Us
Water Tower Inspection and Cleaning - August 17, 2018
On Friday, August 17th, 2018 starting at 8:00am the City of Max Water Tower will be drained... [more...]
Wall of Honor
The Armed Forces Honor Roll is located on the north wall of the Max Civic Center, on Main Street in Max.
Dedication Day was Father's Day, Sunday, June 20, 1999 on Main Street Max, North Dakota Record of Individual History
- Each name on the wall represents a life that includes military service. Each Veteran or Veteran's family is asked to submit a short history, highlighting their military service, as well as other interesting life experiences. This history will be available for permanent public viewing at the Max City Library. The history will be DISPLAYED AS SUBMITTED and is limited to 2 - 8 1/2 X 11 sheets, which may also include pictures.
- Send your history to: Max Park Board, Box 116, Max, North Dakota 58759 You Can Be Part of This Project
- A lighted awning was installed to protect the names as well as the people who come to view the Honor Roll. Excess funds will be set aside for future maintenance and repair.
- Send Contributions To: Max Park Board, Box 116, Max, ND 58759
Over 50 years ago, Mr. Waldo Schmidt erected an Honor Roll, listing individuals who has served in the military. The structure was located where the Max Post Office now stands. Eventually the wooden Honor Roll began to deteriorate and was dismantled. In 1997 talk turned to action and a list of veterans was started. By the fall of 1998, over 900 names were in place on the north wall of the Max City Hall.
- 2" X 7" White or Black Plates
- Black - Died while in service
- KIA - Killed in action
- POW - Prisoner of war
- Heart - Purple Heart
Click below for the full listing.